There’s lots going on for Palmerstown’s 1916 Commemorative events which are taking place in Palmerstown Parish Centre on Sunday 6th March.
- 1916 Exhibition – an exhibition on 1916 memorabilia (documents, medals and many other artefacts) by Dublin Brigade Irish Volunteer History Group (dressed in 1916 uniforms)
- Stories of 1916 Relatives – Talk to residents of Palmerstown about the participation of their parents, grandparents and other relatives, in the Rising.
- Local Schools’ 1916 Projects – St. Lorcán’s. St. Brigid’s & Stewart’s.
- 1:00 pm – Unveiling of 1916 Commemorative Plaque at the Coach House, followed by Flag Raising Ceremony at the Parish Centre, including reading of Foróga na Poblachta (Proclamation of the Republic).
- 1916 Kitchen – Sample authentic Dublin Coddle and Gur Cake as you wander through time to view the historic exhibits.
Join in and add to the atmosphere by dressing up in 1916 costumes!
Palmerstown Parish Centre, 1:00-6:00 pm, Sunday 6th March 2016.