Rathfarnham Historical Society 1916 History Walk

Rathfarnham Historical Society are holding a  History Walk Commemorating ‘Pearse’s Own’ Rathfarnham 1916 Volunteers    on Saturday 29th April, commencing at 11.30 am Meet outside the old cemetery gate in Rathfarnham Village (near AIB bank) at 11:30 am. The walk will proceed through the village finishing at the Pearse museum St Enda’s Park. The duration of... Continue Reading →


Palmerstown: A Day in the Life, 1916

There's lots going on for Palmerstown's 1916 Commemorative events which are taking place in Palmerstown Parish Centre on Sunday 6th March. 1916 Exhibition - an exhibition on 1916 memorabilia (documents, medals and many other artefacts) by Dublin Brigade Irish Volunteer History Group (dressed in 1916 uniforms) Stories of 1916 Relatives - Talk to residents of... Continue Reading →

Culture Night 2013 at Tallaght Library

The County Library, Tallaght will open late until 8:00 pm this Friday for Culture Night 2013. Come along and see literary and historical figures come to life! The Irish History Live sessions for children aged 8+ will take place at 3:30 and 5:30. See Dublin's tenements and the 1916 Rising brought to life! All welcome!... Continue Reading →

The Lucan Tram

In 1887 the Light Railways (Ireland) Bill was passed which allowed for Light Railways to be subsidised out of local area (baronial) rates. One such area was Lucan. Situated nine miles West of Dublin it seems to have been well served by public transport. Lucan had two railway stations, Coldblow or Lucan North on the... Continue Reading →

Alice Furlong: Tallaght Poetess

Alice Furlong was born in 1875, and spent her childhood at Ferndale in Bohernabreena. Her father James was a well known sports editor with The Irish Independent newspaper and originally came from Co. Wexford. Alice had three sisters, Margaret, Kate and Mary and they were a family who greatly enjoyed both reading and writing poetry.... Continue Reading →

Create a website or blog at WordPress.com

Up ↑